Simon Peter Sutherland is a singer-songwriter, Christian theologian and independent documentary maker from Northern England.
Simon has studied Theology (B.Th, M. Th) and has a passion for New Testament history, archives, exploring Biblical sites and making documentaries wherever he goes. These have included Neapolis (Kavala), Philippi, Ephesus, Malta, Paphos, Kittim (Cyprus), Rhodes, Rome, Kos and Crete.
Simon and his wife have two sons.
Free none-commercial documentaries:
- Apostle Paul and the Island of Hippocrates (2021)
- William Salesbury The Man from Llansannan (2020)
- Kos and the Gospel according to St.Luke (2016)
- The Apostle Paul at Rhodes (2015)
- Martyr George Marsh (2014)
- The Apostles at Paphos (2012)
- The Tombs of the Kings and early Christians (2012)
- Paphos Castle (2012)
- Articles on Theology (2014)
Enjoying Theology blog
- Letter Evensong at Manchester Cathedral (Oct 2022) English Churchman
- 7 sacred songs performed at Queen Elizabeth 11’s funeral (2022) Christian Post (quote, source article)
- The Tombs of the Kings in Paphos, Cyprus are Unique UNESCO site (2022) Greek Reporter
- The Bloomsbury Handbook of the Cultural and Cognitive Aesthetics of Religion (2019) Bloomsbury Academic (footnote/Photography)
- Pontius Pilate Coin Find on the Shroud of Turin by Damien Mackey, The University of Sydney (source article)
- Hymn of the Pearl: Description of the Shroud of Turin? Shroud of Turin Blog (source article)
Church of England
- Holy Trinity Platt Church Carol Service (2022)
- Holy Trinity Platt Church Carol Service (2021)
- CEEC lay member
- MDEF lay member
- The John Rylands Research Institute and Library. Mary Jones Prayer Book Bible Society (July, 2022)
Upcoming e-books and other documentaries include:
- The Divine Saviour in the Dark Light of Modern Scholarship (TBC)
- From Obedience to Freedom (TBC)
- In Search of St Titus and Paul on Crete (2022) Completed. Presently unreleased.
Introducing SHIMEON, singer-songwriter:
#1 by Jenny on November 11, 2011 - 4:28 PM
God bless you
#2 by carol k. on January 4, 2012 - 11:59 PM
A powerful summary of David Cameron’s speech and the Queen. This year and last year 2010 will surely see the impact God is having on the world, therefore, the kingdom of God is coming to earth and the christian must take authority, as you said the leaders must not only declare word of God but take action in England and make a religious stance for the better.
I am excited to see how the bible is being released to the nation and am encouraging you to speak and write the facts about the truth declared about Jesus Christ and expose those which are twisting the truth.
All that can be shaken will be shaken and that which remain will stand. The heads of governments in the middle east has been shaken and we in Britain need to learn a lesson and take Godly counsel unless our government will fall to muslims extremists and other faiths and SILENCE is our biggest ememy to sit back and do nothing but complain, God is speaking through David Cameron and the Queen about taking their roles seriously as it is only God who promotes and appoints and take out governments.
I believe the REVELATION of the Bible are been acted out before are eyes and Britain role is vital to the nations and will become the mother of land for all christian and all other faiths seeking for spiritual truth and righteousness.
Continue using your gift that God has given you,as someone will be guided to your website.
#3 by w0lf on September 15, 2016 - 8:44 AM
I agree with Carol in that silence or inaction is our enemy. When I see the documentary on George Marsh, and how he was willing to die in the worst way, as well as so many others in same fight for the truth, and also those who have fought for political freedom, I feel that we should be greatly ashamed of ourselves for our inaction. Most people today do not risk anything more than social chastisement, or perhaps the loss of a job or status, but nothing compared to dying in the flames. And as Carol said, we sit back and do nothing but complain. How many countries now are giving back their freedoms in the name of political correctness, and allowing their cultures to be changed for the worse. A great documentary on the conquest of the freedom of expression is Silent Conquest. No off-the-wall conspiracy theory stuff, just facts on the progressive silencing of any form of opposition to sharia and Islamic conquest, not in the form of terrorism, but in the creeping political and social systematic annihilation of those freedoms obtained through so much sacrifice.
#4 by sidx167 on February 14, 2022 - 4:07 PM
Christians farmer, was a nurse 30 years in ER. The Lord called me out of nursing and to proclaim the gospel. Only know a few that follow the scriptures as the Lord plainly gives them. For a long time I had trouble understanding His Word, but with much prayer and obedience and the study of history from the line of the Apostles God has blessed me with eyes to see and ears to hear. I would like to fellowship. I do biblical studies on Christian history, reading Irenaeous, E B Elliot, Henry Grattan Guinness, A J Wylie, Martin Luther, and others. I do enjoy your encouraging articles. Hope to hear from you. Peace be unto you. Steven 720 585 5580
#5 by simon peter sutherland on February 14, 2022 - 5:10 PM
Hello Steven, thank you for visiting and commenting. Glad you like the articles.
#6 by Steven on February 14, 2022 - 6:22 PM
I would like to here a topic on baptism, not rebaptism. I know what the scriptures say and I believe, but it would be nice to here from the faithful. Thank you. Also I do study prophecy if you want to talk. I’m not as good with words as you. Never been to schools for Theology.